I am part of a fitness app community (all women) and have received quite a few questions. I posted a before and after and have shared my experience of cycling through ups and downs. I am NOT an expert in nutrition or movement, I am a 53-year-old Mom who has enjoyed activity for the last 12 years and had the fortune of great coaches who taught the basics of proper form and movement. I have also learned through my own trial and error.
A few tricks I shared with the fitness community that have worked for me:
1. post an inspirational photo on fridge or pantry door
2. buy what will support your lifestyle (you can’t eat what you don’t have)
3. pause before reaching for that snack and ask, am I hungry and do I need or want it and drink a glass of water
4. find a healthy alternative that satisfies your craving – for me, it’s rice cakes with peanut butter cause I love carbs
5. Eat to fuel and when hungry (with the good stuff :-)) don’t deprive…that usually ends-up in slowing down metabolism and indulging in bad stuff
6. trust the process, it takes time to reach an I love how I feel phase where momentum takes over
7. remember, it’s a lifestyle not a diet with a beg and end
8. be flexible and forgiving
9. it’s only a wish until action supports the desire to make the changes
You are not alone. Love yourself to be the best you can however that may be and may be and look. You vs you.