What I would tell my younger self.
- Maintain and protect your voice, your truth no matter what
- Find your tribe who accepts embraces and celebrates you and whom you can as well
- Act act act when in doubt
- Focus on what you can affect and the positive
- Live in the moment of possibility
Today (at 52), I continue to learn to claim and embrace myself as I am.
What I am realizing and learning is that self-acceptance and self-love are essential to self-worth. And, without self-worth, one can not truly live- and show-up to one’s potential.
It seems most of my adult life has been justifying decisions and who I am. Not feeling enough but also not acting to get to enough. Why?
Fear of failure, relinquishing faith to live a full life? Why wouldn’t I do what I can to reach full potential? Too much work, too hard, too scared, too what?
What I have now is this.
The ability to embrace, celebrate and accept me as I am. And two choices: accept or act. Whatever decisions, I assume full responsibility. For the life I live is the one I choose, 100% my responsibility.
What would I tell my younger self? Live, celebrate and protect YOU. In every situation, no matter how hard, stick to YOU.