1. If you have challenges with trying to conceive, this book helped me and a few friends, “Taking Charge of Your Fertility”, by Toni Weschler.
2. At the hospital, if you choose to nurse, make sure you meet with a lactation consultant who shows you the proper latch-on and watches you do it yourself.
3. Read the book, “Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child”, by Marc Weissbluth.
4. If you decide to co-sleep, my advice is to move your baby to their crib as soon as possible (usually at 3 months or sooner).
5. Take a deep breath and get-out at least once a day. It has been documented that one of the leading preventative measures for postpartum depression (PPD) is getting out whether for a walk or to the grocery store with or without baby.